Tuesday 15 March 2011

Evaluation Part Two: Target Audience Feedback


Direct Audience Feedback

Louise Forster Aged 17

"I really enjoy the image as it adds humour to the front cover. Y'know, usually you get fake and plastic models on the cover which put a lot of people off from buying it, especially me. I love how both the headmast and piggy bank have the same tones of colour whilst the rest of the colours in the image are black and white. It makes the cover really eye catching and different - all things that we have never seen before on a magazine cover, it's something that the market needs.  Overall I think you have done really well and you have clearly put in a lot of effort. Please take in my comment and suggestions as this is a magazine I would really like to have on the market. I'd actually buy it if it was available."

Lucy Fisher Aged 19

"First impressions are pretty important and I would say you have hit mine straight on the head - it's brilliant! The colour tones of both the magazine name and the pig make it feel better and more appealing as things are co-ordinating. I like the image on the cover because all the time am I seen on music magazine covers are fake musicians that have no clothes on. Your front cover is different from anything I've ever seen an you should take pride in that.!"

Freddie Daly Aged 18

"Well...I get the impression that this is a girls magazine straight away because of the pink. I'm more into black and blue rather then pretty pink and red. But I would like to say that the cover is different from what I've seen before and it'd encourage me to purchase the magazine pink or not. Usually we just see naked girls on the cover with a fiddle or a guitar or something. It's not appealing and it makes me not want to buy the music magazine. I do think on the other hand that you have grasped the perfect pink tone that couldbe considered gender neutral!, which will definetly bring in a lot more audience. One thing that I enjoyed really reading was your double page spread which contained humor and added fun."

Statistics & Figures

Within college time and my own social life, I went around offering tally sheets and an image of my products to get maximum feedback. From this, I managed to question 57 people who mostly had great feedback. The majority of the people that i asked where my target audience within the identified age bracket however, there was also a fair few who were out of this bracket who's feedback i still desired.

Does the 'Envy' music magazine provide the correct balance of music and social information?

82%: 18% yes and no respectively

Did you find that this music magazines broke the generic magazine conventions for a good cause?

86%: 14% yes and no respectively

Does the contrast of Pink and Blue colour tones on the front cover of the magazine work well?

95%: 5% yes and no respectively

Do you feel that the front cover of the magazine continues the same styles and themes across the rest of the magazines?

92%: 8% yes and no respectively

Would you agree that the magazine price of £2.50 is a reasonable cost for this magazine?

93%: 7% yes and no respectively

Hence, would you be entirely happy to pay the weekly cost of £2.50 for the initial content that the magazine is offering?

88%: 12% yes and no respectively

Do you feel that the double page spread offers the correct style of writing which allows you to feel engaged and interested?

89%: 11% yes and no respectively

Finally, on a scale of 1-10, how do you feel about my magazine being successful in it's bid when launched onto the market?

1: none
2: none
3: none
4: none
5: 4 People
6: 6 people
7: 4 people
8: 16 People
9: 8 People
10: 17 People



No comments:

Post a Comment