Wednesday 13 April 2011

Evaluation Part Six: Final Look Back & Overview Of The Course

 
Not only have I learned about technologies within the development of my music magazines, but I have also learned and developed many skills through-out the whole media topics, ever since the preliminary tasks. When I was told I had to research at least three other music magazines, I actually thought that it was a waste of time. However, my initial plans changed and developed into more realistic things after being able to see pure and great examples of what is currently on the market. Research magazines have heavily influenced me these past few months in creating my music magazines; both showing me where to follow the generic conventions and also where to break these to make my magazine truly different. Although it took me many weeks and was a long-winded process, researching other music magazines has really made a difference in all of my work. If you look back at both the research artists and my final products, I’m sure it’s visible to see where and where I haven’t been influenced.

Although I initially had Photoshop and Photography skills, through the development of the magazine I adapted and developed them greatly so that I could produce the best product that I could. Taking a picture from a specific angle has it’s own connotations and can impact badly on the audience. Things like this I didn’t know which meant I was initially taking the wrong type of material. You can specially see this on the preliminary task where I have inserted a slanted image on the cover which causes disorientation and awkwardness to the cover.

When using blogger, I felt that I could present all of my drafts, planning and final products in a more visual and interacting way that truly allowed the project to reach it's potential. When doing the preliminary task, I took a lot of time in making the information that I presented as best as it could be, as I initially thought I wouldn't be able to go back and make amendments. However as nothing is set in concrete on the blogger, I was always able to go back and add in additional amendments within the music magazine research and development; giving me much more flexibility over the project. As blogger was available for everyone to see, I was able to incorporate much more feedback from my target audience and feedback. This was because I could simply send a link to people allowing them to visit my blog and voice their opinions on how the development of the magazine and is coming and also what further improvement I could make.

Having to research about the large conversion of physical to virtual matter of music magazines have I learned a lot about technology. The process in which it takes to develop my music magazine has been extremely long winded and hard work but through it all entirely worth it. At the very beginning of the media course, I at first detested the whole development of the music magazine. It is clear to see a large difference of development, research and planning for the preliminary task as apposed to this music magazine task. Doing this first task opened my eyes about how much all of the planning and developing contributions makes towards the final and spectacular model of the music magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment