Monday 21 February 2011

Personal Feedback & Comments On Media Teachers' Feedback & Grade

I honestly can not express how overjoyed I am with the feedback and grade given to all of my hard work. As you can see, there isn't a great deal of things that I need to change or additionally add in as Phil, my media teacher is quite content with everything that I have presented. All of my research and planning has been graded at an A however my final products so far have been graded only B+. This has brought down the 'normal' A to a dismal A-, however with his feedback I hope to change my final products into the best that they can be.


There appears to be no problems with my contents page nor double page spread so I will leave these as they are and only focus on my front cover. Generically, front covers have more then one story titles to really drag in the readers attention. Also, as pointed out by Phil, there is no link between the front cover image and the actual front cover. To achieve this connection, there needs to be a lot more text that acts as an anchorage in the sense that it brings the two together and pins them down.


Front Cover
- Add in banner that is on an angle across the corner of the bottom right-hand side that advertises 50% off of concert tickets.
- At the bottom of the page next to the barcode, add in copyright symbol and magazine name as well as Envy website.
- Remove original headmast that was next to the model and re-add the name in as "ellie gould" in the font 'TrueBlood.'
- Add in quote above the headmast that relates to both her and the image on the cover.
- Finally, insert stories that feature in the magazine on both the left and right hand sides of the magazine.


Contents Page
- Remove the pink square block that is on the main image and add in a light, pink brush stroke (top of image)
- Change the writing on the image to 'TrueBlood' as well as writing above the printed magazine.
- As I will have changed elements on the front cover, the current printed magazine image on the contents page will therefore be different. To correct this, simply add in the new cover.
- Change the singers name on the contents page and correct 'Photography' spelling error.
- As my contents page is only based on one side of A4 paper, insert an advertisement next to it to show as an example how it would look in the actual magazine.


Double Page Spread
- Change the singers name to the new and correct one: "Ellie Gould."

No comments:

Post a Comment